News: Sonny Landreth



Le guitariste américain Sonny Landreth annonce la parution de son prochain album pour début 2008. Il a choisi une formule de "duets", avec des invités prestigieux. Ci-dessous l'extrait du mail qu'il m'a envoyé personnellement (ainsi qu'à tous les membres de sa mailing-list...)

New album of Landreth collaborations nearly complete


Sonny’s new album is due April 20, and it’ll feature guest appearances by Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Vince Gill, Eric Johnson, Robben Ford, Dr. John and Jimmy Buffett.

“The guest thing/duet approach has already been done to no end,” Sonny says. “My hope was to make this different by writing songs specifically for each artist. Because I’m so familiar with their styles, and they’ve all had such an impact on me, I used that connection to make these collaborations have chemistry. I didn’t want this to sound like an album of ‘sit ins,’ I want it to sound more like these friends are in the band.”

The ideas behind this project have been germinating for a while, Sonny says. “That’s one of the great things about playing so many sessions. I was able to tap back into many of the experiences I’ve had with all the guests on this project.”

Most of all, he says, “I was very touched by how everyone enthusiastically offered to sign on and worked to make it really easy for me to set it up and to put things in place to make it happen.”



Il annonce dans le même mail la sortie du DVD Crossroads Festival 2007, auquel il a pris part, en duo avec Clapton, en particulier (photo-sympa, EC avec la casquette,ça lui donne bien, oh, 10 ans de plus...)

Commentaires

Sobe a dit…
Et sinon, il a invité des mecs connus ? ^^
Lefty a dit…
robert johnson, muddy waters, leroy carter et big maceo n'ont pas pu être là: empêchement de dernière minute (décès, si j'ai bien compris).
à part ça, il a juste oublié david gilmour et moi
je suis très déçu

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Pancho and Lefty

Joe Bonamassa au Havana Club